Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
An employee in this position is required to perform the following essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation. These examples are not an exhaustive list of the duties, which the employee may be expected to perform.
1. Manages and coordinates capital improvement projects and engineering department projects.
2. Coordinates project-related activities among Village departments, outside agencies, contractors, the public and design professionals to project compliance and completion.
3. Works with Finance Department to coordinate purchasing activities related to construction projects.
4. Tracks project budgets, schedules, work plans and cost estimate projections. Responsible for containing project costs within budget constraints. Assists in developing project budgets for capital budgeting.
5. Analyzes and prepares written and computer-generated reports on project performance.
6. Coordinates project permitting through regulatory agencies.
7. Develops and manages project schedules.
8. Plans and implements special projects.
9. Conduct traffic studies, assists in troubleshooting traffic signal controls and maintains traffic signal systems.
10. Maintains records for street lighting, storm water systems, street maps, and other Village records. Performs fieldwork to verify unknown data.
11. Surveys, assists in design, develop bidding documents and field management for new construction and maintenance projects.
12. Maintain and update the Village GIS system. 13.Performs other duties as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities required to successfully perform the essential functions of the position.
Requirements include the following:
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job.
An employee in this position is required to regularly work outside the office at field sites, including visiting construction sites with treacherous terrain, requiring the employee to traverse uneven ground, climb up or crawl down to access the site, and may involve fumes, dust, chemicals or other hazardous materials, loud machinery and equipment and other dangers associated with construction sites. An employee in this position must have the strength, stamina and physical coordination needed to gain access to the construction project sites described above.
This position also spends a portion of time in an office setting with a controlled climate where they sit and work on a computer; communicate by telephone, email or in person, and move around the office or travel to other locations
Application Process: After filling out the proper information, turn in your application and resume to the following:
Attn: DAVE UHL
350 W Monroe St
Dundee, MI 48131
Click here For Job Description and Application